Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2013   #67
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgardengal View Post
Update to my Anthracnose on Chayote squash plant. I sprayed 2 times and after the leaves shriveled up I cut off the stems that were affected and now I have a beautiful plant growing. It's never looked better! Thanks Bill! I'll definently continue to use the bleach spray as needed

I am glad it worked so well for you. Next year be sure to spray sooner and not go through the agony of losing all the sick leaves. My squash have gotten sprayed with bleach about 10 times since I planted them and they are still producing. The rain we have been having is making it difficult to keep the Sevin dust on the stems so the vine borers are probably already in them by now; but I'm a bit tired of them now anyway. They are also so huge that I have a hard time getting past them. Despite all the rain and high humidity I haven't had any big mildew problems this year. This is only the second year that I sprayed them every week or so and both years the squash have done so much better than in the past. I think the more frequent spraying has stopped any of the diseases from getting a good start on the plants.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote