View Single Post
Old December 21, 2018   #40
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownrexx View Post
We just had a woman mauled by a black bear in PA, BUT they had left deer guts in the yard from where they cleaned a deer that they had hunter.

Duh, now the bear will be euthanized because of the attack but I think that if you are dumb enough to leave guts in your yard that you should expect predators looking for a free meal.

That is interesting about the coyote. They are opportunists too.
I am never very glued to the news, but I believe what I heard is that the lady in question went after her dog who had a yearling bear pinned down ... black bears usually only attack when a cub/yearling is involved or when they themselves are pinned down with no other choice. We have a lot of them here in the Poconos and my one dog treed a yearling several years ago ... my head was spinning around like Linda Blair from the Exorcist looking for the mamma bear as went to drag my dog off.
Coyotes ... well we have a lot of them around too. They are very elusive and do not come around to be seen much. We have lost 3 cats so far to these vermin, but on the other hand we have no rabbits or ground hogs to rip through the garden. Happy about that aspect. We also have an over abundance of Foxes and now Fishers too. Many predators, not so much prey for them.
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote