View Single Post
Old August 30, 2011   #25
Sorellina
Tomatovillian™

Ciao all-

Great brainstorming on the cooking class(es) thing. Hilde has a good point about how long these "Old World" things can take. I can vouch for that in Italian baking for sure. Zana, you also have a valid point of maybe stretching the classes into a 2-day thing but 1 weekend. I like that idea also. Friday night probably won't work for me in terms of the actual baking, but certainly shopping for items for Saturday would work fine. I'm definitely a morning person and I turn into a pumpkin in the evening - my brain actually clocks out. Baking on Saturday and Sunday sounds like it might work from my end. Nicky, it would be so fun to have you come as well, but being away from your kids that long - that can be hard if they're little. Let me know what you all think of this input.

Today, oh so surprisingly, I'm sure, for those of you who know me - I'm prepping vegetables for canning this weekend and packaging seeds.

PS Mario's just fine. In fact, he's better than he has been in some time. I think he was hiding his symptoms from everyone. His kidney values dropped remarkably, so he's got "manageable kidney disease" which could result in a few more years of happy cat life.