View Single Post
Old October 1, 2011   #38
JackE
Tomatovillian™

Just got the tape installed and turned on the system. The preset pressure regulator was blocking the water so I removed it and regulated the pressure by turning-on enough lines. I think that filter may go the same way - I think it's blocking water flow too. I may be operating at a little higher pressure than advised, but it hasn't burst yet.

Working great now - the well holds pressure with 8 100' rows open - I had hoped for 10 or 12 rows, but eight's okay. If it ever rains and fills our 4 acre lake I'll have plenty of water again - but I'm thinking about switching everything over to this drip system - using the lake water (THAT"S when I'll need the filter - leaves, algae, fish scales, insects etc).

Except for some sand, the well water is clean. I designed a trap to catch the sand before it gets to to the pressure pump. The well I'm using was drilled 20 years ago to serve the house. But it was too sandy so we drilled another, deeper one and simply capped off the sandy one. It came in handy now.

I want to thank all you fellas for your help and advise. I appreciate it very much.

Jack
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote