View Single Post
Old February 20, 2012   #1
Petronius_II
Tomatovillian™

Default Litchi Tomato (Morelle de Balbis, Solanum sisymbriifolium)

Tormado's mention of Buhl corn led me to the Ebay pages of Lee Goodwin of J&L Gardens up in Española (between Santa Fe and Taos,) which led to a few phone calls and a back-door seed swap...

...Which led to my now having before me a small packet of seeds of the exceedingly rare tomato relative Solanum sisymbriifolium-- a bit more on Wikipedia under that name, if like me you've never heard of it before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Litchi-Tomat...item2568f6e259

Let me pause to note that Lee Goodwin seems to me to be just about the nicest guy in the world. He sent me these seeds on faith that it was a good thing to do for a fellow New Mexican, and that I'll probably keep my promise and send him back something(s) interesting. (As have some of you Tomatovillians, some of whom aren't looking for anything in return.)

A quick search under the species name, and under "Morelle," discloses that apparently, only 2 Tomatovillians have ever posted anything about having grown this species, and haven't really written anything about it. I'm wondering if they or anybody else has any more information to share about it.

I put this thread under Tomatilloes because it seemed like the most logical place to put it.
Petronius_II is offline   Reply With Quote