Thread: Texas Pink
View Single Post
Old August 23, 2014   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
I bet a bunch of us want to know this Carolyn. Please tell us who is going to take over? If you feel it is OK that is.
I've mentioned it in several posts over the past couple of months, but not the details as to user name of person and all that.

Since it's two years down the road no sense in giving details now and the fact is that he and I have to work out lots of details.

What I can say is that he is retiring at the end of next June, we've exchanged information on various levels, and more importantly he wants to do it.

My job will still be to find varieties new to all or most b'c I have those contacts outside the US and of course there are always folks here at TV who send me new ones when they send their SASE's for my seed offer.

It's time for someone to take over since I've been making large seed offers for over 20 years now at one place or another.And for this last one I said I wasn't going to stay up half the night to send back my address and then pack up seeds ASAP, so I ended up getting e-mails from a few folks asking where their seeds were, and not all did it nicely.

I retired from teaching in June of 1999 and now I'm retiring from making seed offers by myself at the end of my next seed offer next Jan.

I'll no doubt put up the germination thread b'c many find that helpful,, especially when someone gets 100 % germination with a variety and someone else with the same seeds gets zero. And I'll put up the Fall feedback thread since many also find that very valuable in terms of worthy new varieties to consider for a future year.

Carolyn