View Single Post
Old August 3, 2015   #23
FLRedHeart
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Why sticky on only one side? Mine get that quantity of bugs on both sides, and we have tons of em here, because there really isn't any winter. What yellow cardboard do you use? Do you use Tanglefoot, or a different sticky? Some spray paint Solo cups, then spread them with vaseline, and use a pushpin through the bottom to fasten them to a small wooden stake. I tried that method,it works well, I think it would be more lizard friendly, but now I am lazy and just buy them.
Yes that is a photo of my actual trap.
I thought it was yours, but in case it was a pic 'from the Internet' like so many post from manufacturers just to see, and yours looks so good, and because I couldn't distinguish whiteflies, I just was double checking. The tomato leaves should have given it away :-)

Yes, you're correct. I use Tree Tanglefoot, not sure if there is another. It was under $10 from Wallys. I will never run out. The cards are a poly neon yellow duo-tang folder cut up. Forever recyclable, but cutting a new duo-tang is easier LOL. (duo-tang sounds right for duble sided Tanglefoot cards, don't you think!)

I do need to clean the used ones and see if they've turned into flies in amber yet or what fungus has been cultured in that box...

Just one side.... because if you try it yourself you'll see! I'm quick about it, there's likely a better way to spread it, but it is super duper annoying to get on your fingers. Maybe I'll do double this time for better coverage. But that will be clipping two cards back to back.

Sounds like a decent use for vaseline, but I don't imagine it will last the whole season like TT. Since I've never done that, I'd be interested to know what others experience is with that
Cheers
FLRedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote