View Single Post
Old March 9, 2021   #5
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

We've had chilly mornings around 32 degrees but it's been warming up nicely during the day. Most importantly, the SUN has been out! All of that standing water in the lower part of the garden is gone. I still don't dare stepping into that area for fear of sinking into ooze! Been there, done that.

The designated potato area has dried enough so that they will be planted on Thursday as planned. Yay! That had been a worry.

All of the peppers are finally up. The Jalapeno M were the last to pop up 14 days after sowing and I had about given up on it as the seed was from 2018. For me that's about at the edge of pepper seed viability. I need to collect more this summer.

On another shelf in the front are two 6-packs of asparagus that need to go out on the front porch to start hardening off. Also Shimonita scallions ready for hardening and planting and a newly sprouted batch of Warrior scallions for succession planting. More peppers in the back. I need to rearrange and put all of the peppers on one shelf.

These are the Shimonita scallions at the size I use for transplanting. They are about 1/8" in diameter and do just fine planted at that size.

This is the front porch hardening off area. On Thursday or Friday most of those assorted brassicas on the left will be planted out.

Today I need to prep one side of a bed for sowing carrots on Thursday or Friday. Being careful while doing so will be the operative phrase. The knee is doing well and as of yesterday's PT I'm getting 102 degrees of bend, the best yet. As of tomorrow I'm 6 weeks post-op and don't want to screw it up!

Last edited by GoDawgs; March 9, 2021 at 10:02 AM.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote