View Single Post
Old January 24, 2016   #41
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I say is that worm tea Tequila or something else that had a worm at the bottom that I brought back from Mexico?

Carolyn
Back from the states. I forgot my container so no worm tea. It's the hydro store's lure to get you in there. Theirs is heavy on the Orca Mycorrhyzae products and all the plants enjoy it.
A simple rule to save your liver and eyesight is if the mezcal has a worm in it you probably don't want to drink it. So watch out Carolyn, using a walker and eating the worm = danger Will Robinson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
There is another brand that now makes a plastic paint too that works pretty good.

What is up with the busted cinder blocks.

Worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I have another tip for drilling those holes if I may.
If you have access to angle iron or if you can screw 2 2X4's together to make right angles you can set the pipe in it and clamp it down.
This is what you call a V-Block.
It is how I line up pipe to weld and what I use on the drill press to hold down round objects.
Worth
Great idea Worth. I have a large workbench set up to handle most things, it just doesn't handle 10 ft lengths of tube well. It's actually Pops' workbench, so that's why you see the vintage tools being put to good use. I made it pretty snug for the tube by nailing those 4 temporary pieces across the whole thing. So it wasn't moving around at all. I made it a point to pick out tubes that were straight. If I come back with anything construction related that is warped or, full of knots, etc, I get an earful. I have to admit its made me into a good building materials shopper, and it does save me some work later.

cinder. I was hammering in some long nails and I guess they're living up to their name, as they were labeled "bloque económico," a good 40% less than the "bloque estándard." Then again, they were designed to be used in the other direction....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyruhl View Post
What did you use to attach the water supply tubing to the end cap and float valve?
Many ways to skin a cat, I went the uniseal route, with a threaded nipple right through it. If you get the float valve female threaded you can go into it directly with the nipple, and on the other end screw in something that'll receive a hose. I'll take some pics later, since plumbing things are much easier visually than verbally (at least for me). I'm sure others will chime in with different solutions. I recommend the uniseals based on simplicity alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Using a hole saw without having the handle on the drill to brace it with your other hand is dangerous. It's a good way to break a wrist. Be careful.
Yes. The teeth dig into plastic like crazy and come to a dead stop, the torque is immediately transferred up and into your wrist. A true test of ligament strength and trigger finger reflex speed indeed!
In the reverse setting, the teeth barely nibble and you can control it with minimal effort. Quick release mandrel makes it a breeze to take apart and pull out the PVC disc. Like reloading an old musket or something along those lines.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote