View Single Post
Old February 21, 2017   #8
Nematode
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraash View Post
I have three water tanks (275 gallon each) that are connected to one another. I will them using a good submersible tank. When it rains for about 30 minutes, they all fill up evenly. The water tanks are about five feet higher than the highest raised bed in my 35 raised bed garden. I used about 400 feet of 1/2" poly tube. Each bed has 3 tees connected to 1/4" tubing with a one gallon per hour emitter on each end, so each bed has 6 emitters where the plants will go. Each stretch of 3 raised beds has a shut off valve, so have about 12 valves. I am using the shut off valves to control water pressure. So I have about 240 one gallon per hour emitters total. The water pressure is 75 gallons per hour, so I am thinking having three zones will be enough to water 75-80 plants one gallon per hour or two gallons per two hours. This whole thing is still work in progress, and I will be keeping you posted.

Any suggestions and feedback on my setup are highly appreciated.

Best,
Not sure I got all that, but you may have low pressure problems with 5' of head.
Pc emitters need more than that to open. Non pc emitters may not water evenly with pressure variations across the system.
Nematode is offline   Reply With Quote