View Single Post
Old November 28, 2008   #13
natural
Tomatovillian™

Tomatoaddict,
Sounds like your business will be growing by leaps and bounds. Congrats!

Tomatoaddict added two great points: business cards and invoices.

For our Business Cards, we got lucky. Two professional FOOD photographers wanted to come do a photo shoot of our gardens. They arranged and shot a beautiful arrangement of our different color tomatoes. We took this photo and turned it into a professional quality (glossy photo and thick) business card.

They were not cheap, but this was THE BEST marketing tool I could have had. Whenever I meet someone (chef or otherwise), I hand them one of these cards and then they have an INSTANT visual of our product. I also discuss the varieties in the photo to show the potential customer that I am serious and knowledgable about the tomatoes.

I also agree with Tomatoaddict that an INVOICING SYSTEM is also a must have.

Many chefs will not accept delivery without a PROPER invoice. Just go to Office Max etc. and pickup a pad of invoices. Some chefs pay on delivery, some don't. ALWAYS make sure that someone signs the invoice and you retain a copy.

CDEVIDAL,

As for my "Restaurant Quality Variety" list, we pretty much sold heirloom variety that looks and tastes good. No "special" varieties. But again, we did focus on the right color mix. You could start any of the varieties from Carolyn's book. I will actually be posting my complete list under the Seed forums in a few days. You can find it there soon.

Bill
natural is offline   Reply With Quote