View Single Post
Old August 8, 2015   #39
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianaG View Post
Is anybody crossing Dwarfs with Multiflora?
ChrisK has some fascinating lines he is working on. He has a thread in this forum - "Micro-tomato crosses" that includes information about some dwarf multiflora along with other regular micro and micro multiflora lines he is working on.

I am growing out an F1 of a dwarf crossed with a micro-multiflora of Chris' that I am helping him with. The F1 is an extremely early - less than 50 days - heavy producing dwarf plant with red 1-2 oz round fruit. Its mama was a micro multiflora with small red cherry size fruits and its papa was a dwarf that produced great tasting, large, 8-10 oz red w/green striped fruit.

I just started the first batch of F2s, which should be 3/4 dwarf - 1/4 micro and each of those groups should be 3/4 normal flora and 1/4 multiflora. What the fruit end up like is going to be the interesting and fun part.

I also attempted crosses of the same micro multiflora line with 7 other different dwarfs this summer. Time will tell whether or not the crosses were successful as I haven't collected the seed yet. Next summer could be interesting.

After posting this I noticed that you have posted in ChrisK's thread, so I didn't need to make you aware of his work.....

Last edited by dfollett; August 9, 2015 at 01:02 AM.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote