View Single Post
Old June 28, 2016   #27
bower
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, some luck would surely help.
I don't have high expectations for this season, but I'll get what I can out of it. The plants are looking fine at the moment but that could change like the weather (with the weather!), and bring it all to a screeching halt. For sure the vascular issues could turn fatal at some point, and don't know if fruit or seeds will be good or worthless.

I'll be at the 90 day mark on Saturday, and get some data then on the determinate/semideterminate growth habits in the Black Nipper F4.

As regards segregation for growth habit (sp) and Beta in the two lines out of Zolotoe Serdtse X Indian Stripe, I am stumped that there doesn't seem to be a single sp/sp Beta/Beta in either of them, at six plants each. I keep going back and counting leaves hoping I missed something.
One happy surprise is to find a determinate among the Skipper F2's. I just hope the fruit will be larger than a cherry and as sweet as the F1. So far the plant is much smaller than the Black Nippers of the same age, but is ahead of them with early fruit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skip5-DET-fruitflrs.JPG (241.9 KB, 68 views)
bower is offline   Reply With Quote