View Single Post
Old November 12, 2017   #21
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi...I cannot get through here... I put the DRY soil mix in the pots ..I packed it down in the bottom to ensure the soil had a chance to make contact and get access to water via a capillary cloth ( the pot was aprox 1/3 full) ......I then lightly Sprayed rain water from a spray bottle on the DRY soil mix...sprinkled Mycorrhizae on the soil then put the seedling on the soil still in its peat pot but with the bottom cut off and the side cut ....I hand fed some soil where the cut was and carefully unwrapped/removed the peat pot from around the seedling and hand fed soil down the sides .....up to the growing leaves ....i then lightly sprayed around the top ensuring no spray was put on the plant itself.....The pot was then put on the tray on the capillary cloth..
now I think it was unlikely that the plants would actually be able to get water from the cloth...unless it grew roots down to it ....Once transplanted the seeds took off and I fed them about every 7 days a 1/3rd of a cup of a light Miracle gro mix as per the Instructions ..They have had 2 X 7 day waters??.....Now these pots have been sitting under lights with fans blowing on them 24/7 and I am told they are two wet??? when I can actually see and test and say that they are not....They are in the 4 - 6 inch range now .....

I have an Electronic thermostat in the chamber so i knew at any given time the actual temperature of the air ...

Looking back ..my biggest problem was that they were not being raised in a constant temperature etc because of the breakdown of my chamber......

There are a number of Sweet Scarlets in the trays (a Dwarf?).....I have posted another photo of the MG... Thanks Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mgro_2017-11-13_113052.jpg (85.4 KB, 61 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote