View Single Post
Old April 20, 2006   #27
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Hi All,

You are all too great. Thanks for the many offers. Luckily, a small amount of the Jan plants survived (one of each, Tangerine, Mexico, Aunt Ruby's Green, and Una's yellow cherry), Snow White (gave to Grandpa Ike) and two Aunt Gertie's Gold (gave 1 to Grandpa Ike). Hopefully, Grandpa Joe doesn't find out that Grandpa I got plants first.

Two weeks ago, I started BTD, Grub's Mystery Green, Stick and Black Heart. Hopefully, this isn't too late. I sure learned my lesson about starting too early. Who would have thought that NorCal weather would be so crazy.

If possible, I would like to get local opinions as to whether I should toss the other surviving tomato plants. Some of are purple under their leaves, some are very dark green with yellowish spots. All of them have lost their lower leaves. It's too late for me to take photos now and tomorrow I will be out of town. On Sat, I'll post some pics. Part of me thinks that I should just dump them.

Hi Kristy,

Thank you very much. I can meet you at the Roseville Galleria or on your side of town. I am totally flexible. I haven't been to any local nurseries yet. I'll definitely check them out in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the info. about Windmill Nursery. I was going to check it out next week (my brother just bought a house near Kenneth and Fair Oaks). Avoid Green Acres is Roseville. All of the plants that I bought from them last year were diseased. I might check out Morningsun Herb Farm in a couple of weeks. Here is a link to the tomato varieties that they will be carrying:

http://www.morningsunherbfarm.com/vegetables2006.html.

Hi Betsylt and Chilhuacle,

Thank you. I am super flexible. Anything you have to spare would be great. If either of you have a medium to large red tom or cherry (any color) that would be great. This will give me the opportunity to pass on my Mexico and Una's Gold to Grandpa Joe.

Take care and have lots of fun swapping tomatoes. Please post pictures.

Cheers,

Angelique