View Single Post
Old March 27, 2013   #6
Ricefarmer05
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
Just from the description it looks like a good product.

As for TomatoTone, yes the package directions suggest scratching something like a tablespoon into the soil near the plant once per week, which is just impossible if you've got mulch, cages, and soaker hoses in the way. So instead of that, I'd mix 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) into the square foot of soil around where the transplant was going to go. Over time, the roots grow out and down and reach additional fertilizer. After 2 1/2 months, I'd start supplementing with weekly foliar feedings of Seaweed and Fish emulsion.
Thanks for the suggestion!

My main concern with foliar feeding has been whether it interferes with the effectiveness of fungicides and insecticides. I usually apply daconil every 7-10 days to keep blight at bay as long as possible and, later in the season, I also end up applying insecticides every other week or so to keep the stink bugs away.

Can seaweed/fish emulsion be mixed with either daconil or neem oil? If i spray separately would the foliar feeding limit the effectiveness of the daconil (and vice versa, would daconil limit the effectiveness of the foliar feeding)?
Ricefarmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote