View Single Post
Old May 28, 2017   #33
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I use between 2/3rds and 3/4 of a cup of food grade DE for every gallon of spray I am making. I mix it first in a separate jug and then pour it through a strainer into my sprayer then add the other ingredients and extra water to make the amount I am looking for.

I don't see why you can't add Spinosad without any problems. I add Permethrin and Dawn and if I need to use a copper spray at the time I am using it I will add that and have had no problems.

I find spraying much easier than dusting and just as if not more effective but then I am applying it to a lot of plants. If it is a bit windy which it always seems to be this time of year dusting can be challenging to say the least. I do use it in my duster when I don't have many plants to treat and don't want to mix up a small batch for spraying.

Bill
Thank you Bill. Your advice is always so helpful you are a wealth of experience! I used a pretty fine strainer and did not get much in it but no clogging with my sprayer. The DE does settle fast so constant motion is good but too much active shaking and the Dawn turns into soap suds
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote