View Single Post
Old February 3, 2013   #19
travis
Tomatovillian™

Slight correction: I have not given out full pedigrees in each and every case, but I am willing to do that in every case where I know both parents for sure. In other words, a couple of the crosses were done by bees; but in cases where I personally made the cross by hand, I will either give out the pedigree with the public description, or privately to a recipient of the seeds.

Yes, I have made mistakes in my tomato life, just like in the other aspects of my 65 years of life. Water under the bridge, and no use looking back. Yes, I have named lines stuff like Brannar Line, Cherokee Tiger Line, etc. But I will not make the same mistake of prematurely assigning a name to an unstable tomato line ever again from this day forward. Apparently, some folks just don't get it. So, from now on the all my unstable lines will all carry letters and numbers instead. And I will strongly encourage others to do the same whether to good avail or not. Time will tell.

I could say a whole lot more about the issues discussed in this thread, in other related threads, and at other Web sites, but I think I'll bite my tongue and bind my fingers at this time and in this place.

May each and every tomato gardener have a most excellent 2013 season, and may the forces of Nature be kind to our gardens.

Bill Jeffers

Last edited by travis; February 3, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote