View Single Post
Old September 7, 2008   #2
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Hilde,
While Remy, Duane and Julianna were helping me scoop up all the cut up toms I wanted for seed, and cleaning up, we commented along the lines that we bet you'd go home and post picks tonight....even though it was your birthday and you were supposed to be going home to share a bday cake with your visiting relatives from Norway! In fact I think Mark said the same thing! You're getting predictable in your old age!

But seriously thanks for taking all the pics. And helping Remy set up such a great day.

To Remy, Gary, Sheryll and family, wow, the hosts with the mosts!!!!!! You're definitely right, Remy - you DO know how to throw a party. But not just throw a party....throw a FABULOUS NO HOLDS BARRED PARTY!!!! Once again, thank you thank you thank you. Grazie, Mille Grazie! Thank God for not serving up the scorching weather of last year, but holding off on the rain too.

Julianna, Duane and Tristan and I detoured to TAR-JAY(Target) and TOPS before crossing the border. We had a very easy crossing. I dropped them off at their car in Burlington about midnight and got home myself just before 0100.

A long but fabulously memorable day. Great to see old friends from last year, meet new friends and sad to miss others that we all hoped would turn up. I've unloaded the car, put the left over baklava in the fridge - after giving Dad some, put the groceries away and am just checking threads and email before calling it a night.

Although I can't wait til next year's bash, I'm making a note to self - don't bring a live plant across the border for Remy!

Zana
who's plum tomato-tuckered out and going to bed now