View Single Post
Old November 17, 2010   #7
lumierefrere
Tomatovillian™

I always get slander and libel mixed up anyway.

This is the quote

"Note that those delicious tomatoes are heirloom tomatoes--they are harder to grow (and almost impossible to grow in Texas due to the heat.) Their yields are also much lower (taste is higher!) and they are not disease resistant. In other words--great for the experienced grower in mild climates, not so great in very hot climates. Also you need more space (the plants are generally bigger) because you have to plant more of them to get the yields."

It's hard to know where to begin.

Yes, Morgan, it's too early to plan for 2013. And thanks for telling me where to send this person for more information if I'm ever contacted.

I don't get the work part. This year's garden was the messiest ever for me. I've been inside at the computer since April. I taught myself Photoshop and didn't have time for gardening, but I was on a weekly Daconil schedule. Very smart, may I say.

Some heirlooms are huge, (the Robson Angolan is a big plant for me) but I've never had one as hedge-like and annoying as the French hybrid, Carmello. You need a machete to get down the row by the last part of the season.

I have to admit, I'm not that familiar with hybrids. They all seem very similar to me. The Pink RazzleDazzle thing in the Park's Catalog is scary! It's the color of Pepto-Bismol.

Barb
lumierefrere is offline   Reply With Quote