View Single Post
Old July 31, 2013   #16
Alfredo
Tomatovillian™

Default Another round of pics for 2013.

Another round of pics of my 2013 Gardening Season:

IMG_0556.jpg Guatemalan Blue Banana Squash flowering.

IMG_0553.jpg Guatemalan Blue Banana Squash.

IMG_0545.jpg French Heirloom Juane Flamme. Pretty productive tomato plant so far. Is the only variety I have growing that has some BER (Blossom End Rot) though.

IMG_0554.jpg "Rosita" Eggplant flowering.

IMG_0557.jpg Canadian Heirloom "Sophie's Choice" tomatoes. These are pretty tasty for being an early-season type of tomato. Productive too.

IMG_0558.jpg Heirloom New Big Dwarf tomato, one of my favorites.

IMG_0559.jpg Sophie's Choice and New Big Dwarf tomatoes.

IMG_0560.jpg Moreton F1 Hybrid tomatoes. Very productive tomato plant, has 18 tomatoes on it already.

IMG_0561.jpg Pruden's Purple Flower blossoms.

IMG_0562.jpg Pruden's Purple Flower blossoms.

IMG_0563.jpg David Austin "Heritage" Rose growing next to one of my Pruden's Purple tomato plants.

IMG_0565.jpg These odd looking things actually hold what has to be one of the most beautifully patterned seeds, Castor Bean (it's however poisonous). These spiky looking things will eventually form a hard shell and dry up, they sort of look like a dried up Roach , then I pry them open to reveal the Castor bean seed inside to save.

IMG_0566.jpg Seed pods for Castor Bean Gibsonii forming.

IMG_0567.jpg View of my Main Raised garden bed on the right, on the left are 2 large containers growing one Dwarf Wild Fred tomato in each (along with Scarlet Runner Beans, Bush Beans and Morning glories growing out and up the water drain pipe), and in the distance is the raised herb garden bed area/seating area.

~Alfredo
Alfredo is offline   Reply With Quote