View Single Post
Old December 3, 2018   #7
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Robert, I grew Jimmy Nardello about 10 ago. It was a skinny thing about 10 inches long. In the raw, it was nothing to get excited about, but put it on the grill or in the skillet and it popped with a flavor that will please even the novice (which I was at the time). With sime of the mildly warm varieties, I think my data shows that reducing the direct sun exposure in the last half of the pepper's maturing and color changing life will also gain you a slightly less heat factor. Nothing to back up that statement. It's just a feeling/impression I got.

The year I grew JimNar, I also tried to grow Corno di Toro. The seed I received in a trade turned out to be "Corno di Holy Krap". The scoville must have been about 20,000. It was way above regular jalapenos. So beware of all supposedly "NON HOT" peppers until you can cut a small area of the skin and touch a micro dot of the juice/fluid to your finger and then your tongue.

After a couple of years of adding a small dash of ground red pepper to most of my soups and smoked meat dishes, I can handle more of the heat. You might think about that for some your family members if they wish to gain more tolerance to the heat. I can actually stand a couple wings that were prepared with a habanero sauce. I keep the milk close, though.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote