Thread: Fermenting.
View Single Post
Old March 28, 2018   #797
Karrr_Luda
Tomatovillian™

Default insane

just looked in the fridge and most of it is jars with some krauty things in them. What is going on here? this is a bit nuts. Probably have to force myself to stop.
New batch of “normal” [for me] kraut w. carrot & caraway in the crock and i didn’t even open it yet to peek inside, a day old now. The one on top of kale, red and white cabbage and carrot is ready and lives outside on the breezeway while it is still cold out. Little tomatoes are ready to eat, new small jar of leftover cabbage [that didn’t fit in the crock] with grated ginger parsley, turmeric & cayenne powders-wonder what its going to taste like. This batch of lemons is not very salty but ready to eat, just added a little bit more salt on top after tasting one, also lives outside for now caus there is one still unfinished in the fridge.
What i pulled out of the fridge, is quickly diminishing kimchi, tiny bit of kimchi cabbage kraut, some old red cabbage kraut that came out too salty and i don’t like it, feel bad throwing it out, not sure what to do with it-still crunchy though. Shiso leaves with some jalapenos from last summer, that are on the salty side but still good, yum on sandwiches. A bit of leftover batch of kraut that came out perfect and i can compare it with the new batches. Garlick scapes and something that smells so can’t eat it inside. I think it is the radish part. Who's gonna eat it all? My hubby eats the regular kraut, pickles and carrots, nothing else yet. I do share when i find someone who likes these sort of things. I never made hot sauce or vinegar, need to give it a try C941E9C1-2C6A-4620-8F24-800F9273BD6F.jpg

F65C4A43-4CBE-4686-9903-371DE31AD576.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F9E7435D-2B0E-4AF7-A721-B82DD7AF97BA.jpg (313.2 KB, 95 views)