View Single Post
Old April 1, 2016   #29
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

On thread #27, if you look at the pole on the leftmost top picture, that is actually 3 short poles spliced. We had six 4x4 poles and had to make the seventh one. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get the horizontal boards put at the top of the 4x4s, and at least the lowest string/wire.

I put the two rows of pole bean supports 4' apart. I'm not sure if that is far enough apart or not. Next fall/winter, I'll buy more 4x4 posts to replace the spliced one and add another row at whatever distance is needed/desired. I thought we might have enough 2x4s to nail together to make 4x4s for another row, but we're way short. The arch will have to wait until I get the 4x4s. In July, I'll have our car paid off again. That'll free up some money to buy materials.

I'll grow the second row of pole beans on the T Posts and rebar this year. I drove the rebar down more - that fence/trellis is only 6' tall. I know the wires will sag some but the T posts and rebar are only 5' apart, so I'm thinking the sagging won't be too bad.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote