View Single Post
Old November 15, 2013   #53
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Cyril and Methodius had created old cyrillic alphabet somewhere on the territory of former Czechoslovakia, I think. I have visited the country as an exchange student in the Summer of 1985 or so. We went to Prague for couple of days. It was a memorable beautiful city. I would love to visit again. I remember walking over the bridge with many old scary statues, Karlův most.
Yes, Cyril and Methodius (brother from Solun-Greece) came on the Big Moravia (today southern Moravia and western Slovakia) in 863 year. They taught and inculcated in old slavonic. That is why old cyrillic. Finally latin liturgy (from west) prevailed and conseguently latin calligraphy use in Czech republic (cyrillic alphabet not). 5.6. ( the coming of C+M) is State high day in Czech republic.
I don´t know what I can write about Prague. Prague in 2013 is another than in 1985. It isn´t so grey, buildings and their roofs are made good- the look from Prague castle is beautiful.
Vladimír
PS.: Ella, I very long meditated what I can a nice to write you: I shall to invite you on the drink or a cup of cofee in Prague.

Last edited by MrBig46; November 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote