View Single Post
Old January 31, 2009   #1
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Default Knapps Fresh Vegies Seeds

I found Tomatoville thru a link on a post at the SSE board. When I joined I read the TV rules and decided to be able to not break the rules about "selling" or commercial promotion, I would try to remain incognito here.

This post is my coming-out. This is partly due to the fact that several members have posted about my site and at least 1 has purchased from me since I've been here and wanted to post about their experience.

I am the owner / grower of 2 web sites that sell tomato seeds, knapps-fresh-vegies
carols tomatoes

We are a husband and wife vegie farm that is mainly a market grower that also happens to save a lot of seeds when possible. My seed business is just me. It developed partly because I had problems finding heirloom and rare variety seed in more than just small packs. As a market grower I often needed larger quantities. So I started saving my own.

I try to give good service, but occasionally during the summer, farm stuff keeps me busy and I don't always have the energy to do seed orders after a long day out in the fields. During the winter tho, I go to the post office 3 or more times each week.

The last few years I've been expanding my tomato selections and offer many seeds I grow myself. This last year I saved about 10 lbs of tomato seed in about 100 varieties.

In the future I hope to have a lot more of the great heirloom varieties I've found here at TV. I hope you members feel I'm another way some rare varieties will have the chance to be more widely available to the general public.

I hope you won't think I took advantage of anyone here or got seeds by deception. I hope members I've traded with feel I gave a good trade as I've gotten some wonderful varieties here.

One reason I didn't post about my sites before is that most of the descriptions and pics on my sites are not original to me. Most are just the descriptions from the sites/catalogs where I first bought my seeds. Personally I'm not very good at writing descriptions, especially those flowery ones. I have edited out some of the excessive stuff tho as I don't think it does the varieties any good to be over the top.

While most of the pics I have are taken from other web sites, the same pics are on almost every commercial web site out there. I do have a nice digital camera now, so I plan to get my own pics this coming summer. Please give me a chance to get things updated.If too many feel it's wrong for now, I'll just take those pages off til I can get them updated next year.

If anyone has constructive suggestions for my site I will be happy to listen and consider anything. My Knapps site is self made and sometimes doesn't always work the way it should as I'm not the best with HTML. It sometimes doesn't get updated as much as it should. I do have some "helpful hints" pages under the "greenhouse" and "tips" links.

I hope members here will think I've been a useful addition to TV with some of the posts I've made, especially in the new Growing for Market forum.

Thank you,
Carol Knapp
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote