View Single Post
Old April 3, 2016   #67
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynut1977 View Post
Hi Dan
Since we are coming into my summer time, most I will put out into my garden beds. I will keep back 1 of each cross and put them in nursery standard 2 gallon pots, I think technically those are 1.66 gallon? I want to see what they will do for me being indoors. Thankfully, I have tons of sun at this window, so I'm positive those will do just as good as the inground ones, maybe just a little smaller, because they will be limited from the pot size.

I wish I hadn't culled as much though and kept 10 plants of each cross. I know 6 is good, but I keep thinking what if I culled that 1 perfect winner.

Other than the 2 rogue indeterminates, all the leaves types were right on except for the cross, 11xf3x1 pl. I got an even mix of rl and pl, I kept going with the pl though and it looks like 1 of those may be a micro compared to the siblings.

Half of the cross 14xf3x1 rl also seem to be noticeably shorter.

I check the trays each morning when rotating for equal sun exposure hoping for the start of flower clusters.
There was a tremendous amount of variability in the growth habit of the F2s of most of the crosses. I don't know how quickly that variability stabilizes. It will be interesting to see the F3s.

i'd be happy to send you more seed of these or others anytime you want.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote