View Single Post
Old January 6, 2018   #20
bower
Tomatovillian™

The site is fantastic! Love having so many ways to browse.

For myself, I especially liked the format for varieties by color. Just being able to get so much information on one page, it was amazing. Also love the detail you provided in the descriptions, including taste. So many tomato descriptions just say they taste "wonderful" or whatever, without explaining this one is tangy this one is intense etc. Also the pictures were large enough for me to see them, in spite of the more compact format. You chose your sizing really well! The second format for tomatoes by hemisphere was also very nice. Pix a bit larger and probably more ideal for browsing with a smaller screen.

It is also nice to have the option of clicking through to see one tomato on its page, with the big photo, but for my browser the extra clicking back and forth takes up a lot of time - this is often the standard format on seed selling sites where you must go to a specific page to get the full info on the variety. Your pages loaded quickly though, where many of these seed sites it can take me quite a while to click back and forth.

On the main page, I loved the multi fruit picture. I was confused at first, like Oakley, that you only showed four tomatoes under each hemisphere. I already knew there were many more, but a person with no previous knowledge might think there were just those few available. Well, I just visited again to take another look, and "View all S hemisphere varieties" links popped up that completely answers that question. Also the "View all varieties" link on the multi fruit picture. So it's really obvious with these links, how the reader can get the most from the fewest clicks.

Fantastic job on the webpage, and a treat to read about all the fruit from the project!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote