View Single Post
Old June 16, 2018   #374
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Season 2018
I want to sow very early determinant tomato varieties already on November 21st. It's a month earlier than last year when I sowed them on December 21st. At the beginning of April, I want to plant plants with already small fruit (not just flowering).
Beyond the Mongolskyi Karlik variety I will not try any new variety. I will cultivate the varieties that have proven to me this year (0-33, M-22, Sarayev Shtambovyi and Sophie's Choice) as well as some varieties from the unsuccessful year 2015 when the bacterial spots destroyed all of these determinant tomatoes.
They will:
Iceberg (Glacier)
Sarayev Gruntovyi
Jagodka (favorite tomato of Joseph)
Stupické polní rané
Sarayev Otbor 1 (tomato, whose seeds have brought me a bacterial spots)-
I need to clean the seeds of Sarayev Otbor 1 by dipping in bleach or in warm water according to the following instructions:
„ If it is not possible to acquire disease-free tomato seeds, your seeds should be submerged for one minute in 1.3% sodium hypochlorite, which helps eliminate bacteria on their surface. Another option exists in submerging the seeds in 122-degree Fahrenheit water for 25 minutes. This will affect surface and inner seed bacteria, but might adversely affect the plant’s germination.“
Vladimír
Seeds of Otbor 1 I have been treated with hypochlorite. They germinated well. Now they repayed me (see picture). All three plants I had to rip. I just hope the others do not. Tomorrow, I'll do everything by spraying.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2135.jpg (335.7 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by MrBig46; June 16, 2018 at 01:04 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote