View Single Post
Old January 23, 2017   #41
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I usually do enough for one whole humidity chamber which is just a clear plastic storage box from Walmart with a clear lid and clasp closure. Most of the chambers I have will hold between 24 and 28 plants so that they are held in place by each other so if I move the chamber I don't have to worry about them falling over and ruining the graft. The first week I graft I will usually do between 50 and 100 grafts and sometimes even more. When it comes to plant out time I just give away the extras. I try to do several of each combination because I never know where the failures will be. With my very favorite varieties I usually do at least 5 each of them so that I will have multiple plants to set out of those varieties.

Bill
Bill, how deep the clear plastic box is that you are using ? and for how long your grafted work stay in the box ? I might try just a few , as exercise , this first round of my germination. Then I might try few more the next round, more seriously. I will just use Big Beef as root stock. I have some Big Boy and Better boy seeds. Are they any good for root stock ? (VFN ??).

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote