View Single Post
Old November 29, 2010   #56
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I thought that order was from you. I was out in the barn working on seeds for a few hours so didn't see your other post in time.

If you don't need the seeds right away, I can hold this order til I get more stuff up and then ship all items together. Then I will refund the second shipping that the cart will put on automatically. Whatever works for you.

I just set up about 20 batches of seeds for germination tests. But that's only about a dozen varieties as some were duplicates of varieties already listed. There are more than 30 other new varieties drying and we have well over 100 buckets still out in the barn to be processed.

It was warm yesterday so that's why I did a few then. It should be decent today and tomorrow too so hopefully we will get about a dozen or so done before the weather turns again. I have to work between taking my Mom to the doctor today tho.

Seems like there is always something else to do lately so the processing has been a bit slower than I had hoped this year. But I checked my book from last year and we actually have done more batches already. It's just that we had so many new-to-me varieties this year it seems like I'm behind.

As far as selection goes, I try to notice what varieties are getting the good attention in posts here and especially those that people say they can't get at any site. I have all the land I need so I can grow whatever I want. This year tho the weather and a cultivator tractor that refused to work most of the year made it a bit difficult to do all that I wanted to do.

Oh well there's always next year.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote