View Single Post
Old January 4, 2019   #13
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Your results are amazing. I am using T5's for my small indoor greens project (I've got arugula and black seeded simpson) combined with a sunny (old style) window, and they are far behind yours in growth. That is money well spent on your lights, and since you have an area separate from your living quarters, the black cow must be giving them a boost too. Those beet greens are amazing; if you get beets that's icing on the cake.

I splurged on amazon on three of the following fixtures back in Nov 2015, but they sit unused. They sit unused because of the high price of protective eyeglasses at that time. They were only 300 watts and I paid $125 each. Quite a price difference from the current model 600 watts for $75.

Roleadro L

ED Grow Light, Reflector-Series 600W Red Bule Full Spectrum Grow Lamp with Dual-Chip for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Vegetative and Flower

I will start another thread to inquire about safety glasses for this type of light, if you are interested in following it. I have not looked into that aspect recently. It may be your next investment since this is going so well.

Looking forward to seeing your continued progress. You are a very active person, even in winter!

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote