View Single Post
Old January 7, 2017   #6
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
Thanks so much for posting your link. Like seymour_man, I'm looking for a way to start my seeds outside this year. Since I want to be able to keep them in there for up to 3 months I found something else on their site that should work great for me, their 4 shelf mini greenhouse: http://shop.readydogkennel.com/4-Shelf-Mini-Greenhouse-IS-66402.htm
I've seen similar ones, but they generally look cheap to me. This looks like it will stand up to some use. Looks like a good company, though their shipping is much more than I usually consider paying.

So thanks for sharing your experience with this company and your suggestion to use plastic jugs.
Dimensions are way too small for practical use for tomato/pepper plants anyhow... Overall dimensions: 66" H x 40" W x 20" D

10/20 trays need about 16" x 24" of space for breathing room. I have seen a bunch of small (and well designed) green houses that fall short on practical dimensions. Why the hell are they only 20" deep? I don't know why they do not design these for 48wx24d so you can comfortably fit 3-4 trays per shelf and close it up nicely. Come on, give me 4-6 more inches! 4 shelves with 66" of height???? If you are growing out tomato and pepper plants, you can only practically use 2 shelves (1-2' from the ground and another at around 3-4') ... these plants need some vertical space too. This might be great for a few trays of 4-6 week old seedlings, but then what? I think these are more suited for people that grow flowers and not vegetables.
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote