Thread: Wasps
View Single Post
Old October 14, 2019   #28
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Carolyn, I'm so sorry about your husband's new allergy. I too am allergic to Yellow Jackets, but not bees (yet). Such a bad allergy to have for those that garden. I get stung every year. Right now I am just waiting for frost. The bee and wasp population is quite healthy right now which is very good, but it is dangerous for me to go out.
thank you. it was very scary.
if you all don't know what an anaphylactic reaction is or the symptoms of a true allergic reaction learn them.
his first symptom was not near the sting site but on his feet. he immediately started with itching and hives on the tops of his feet which proceeded to cover his whole body including the whites of his eyes. swelling of the face, pressure on his head. he started getting hot and turned beet red. then lowering heart rate and lowering of blood pressure. it is not always a swelling and closing airway. you can die from the histamines being released into your body and it is shutting down. he passed out shortly after getting into the ER. When the ER doc starts helping to undress a patient it is critical.
he got stung in the mouth a few years ago when he sipped a yellowjacket up a straw... but he did not have this reaction. at anytime you can develop an allergy. he now carries an epi pen in his lunchbox every day.