View Single Post
Old June 29, 2007   #26
kelleyville
Tomatovillian™

To all above!

Wow! That is a lot of information and all interesting!

I would for now be pumping from the creek,so not too far, the swamp on the other hand has to travel a long way. That first centrifugal pump posted had a user comment-the pump is rated for 20 feet but he uses it all day every day at 40 feet so might work for me.

the gravel would solve a bit of a problem of the sludge in the creek, guessing a sump pump would work in a shallow gravel pit as well. I will be pumping either into buckets or into a 55 gallon barrel.

I think Georgia has had so much drought in my lifetime that it would be wise to have a backup plan and even to continue to take advantage of the naturally flowing water when it is available. The city cant charge me for it, and they cant charge me for sewage on it

I like the Aztec idea, you know how to do this? or what they actually grew? Somehow I just don't see my tomatoes floating around the swamp

We had a surprise rain shower early in the day yesterday, was able to collect about 25 gallons of water I guess, maybe a bit more or less. The rain that was all over Georgia last nighe kept going all around me but never on me I stayed up until about 1 AM hoping to need to move buckets of water. Oh well, I have another chance today I hope!

You are all full of such great ideas and information!

Kelley
kelleyville is offline   Reply With Quote