View Single Post
Old August 3, 2015   #20
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Hi everyone,

I just must have more lizards-there are tons around; they get stuck and it is horrific. Then I feel really bad (and DH only makes it worse) that I start picking through my worm inn to find earwigs which is a lizard delicacy. I think this fall, I will go back to tulle.

Good News - I went back to the surgeon today, a new x-ray everything is fine, just need it to get strong (like I can't lean on it) but I am off the split and have a wrist wrap instead. Need to go back in 6 weeks but he said at that time if everything feels good, just cancel. Yeah!!!!

I guess I have no excuse NOT to get the rest of the mix solarized now.

Seedlings - I ended up starting a few; only those that I have lots of seeds. Saving those with just a few seeds for the ultimate starting date which is my dilemma.

Here is my temp stats: mainly looking at nighttime lows - as you can see 73 is avg low in August, but toms don't fruit even the so called "HEAT" varieties - so I'm going with <72. September 22 is the start of consistent 72 lows and starting October 2 has consistent 71 degrees.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ind...014&view=table

That would be approx. 60 days.... 8.5 weeks. How long do you think is optimal for having the plant size/flowering?

Plug in your zipcode, month, and see what you come up with in your area to compare.
Barb- delighted to hear that your arm is doing so well, truly! I went to your weather link, looks as though our overnight temps below 72 wont happen till about October 15. That's usual.
I read that with the glacial ice melting so much faster than they previously thought, and the sea level rising so much faster, the Biscayne Acquifer, our single fresh water source here in S.Fl. Is getting salt water inclusion already, so its going to get bad for us in just a few years. Long before the peninsular part of the state is covered in water. If they find a way to keep the salt water out, it is going to be very expensive. Scary! And depressing.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote