View Single Post
Old June 25, 2017   #5
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Last year I grew two huge tomato plants in one gallon pots by sinking them a wee bit in the soil.
I would leave them alone and continue to do as you are and let the roots grow into the soil.
Worth
All my plants are up a foot on wooden pallets or sitting up on milk crates. Have RKN and Nematodes here too bad, so sinking out of the question. Iwish I could just dig a trench and drop them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
Worth is right -- leave them be. Just stick with your watering and feeding schedule and they should be fine. My grow bag plants always send roots out the bottom of the bags.

This year my husband has some of my leftover plants in 7 gallon grow bags and 5 gallon buckets. With regular watering and weekly feedings of TTF, there is so far no difference between the bucket and bag plants. These are mostly ones that are grafted onto rootstock, and I'm expecting the root systems to go out of control on these!
I have noticed in another post you mentioned feeding your plants once a week with TTF. I using TT and have been doing every other week. Do you use the same amount of TT every week or less? I been giving mine 2TBS of TT and @ TBS of Epsom Salt at each feeding. What should I use now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
I agree with Worth, just leave them in place and let the roots grow out the bottoms into the soil as they have started. Your water and fertilizer should move on through the pot so the outside roots can get at it too. At 8' tall, I think you would damage both plant and root trying to transplant now.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I was doing a minor freak out. I so OCD with my tomato plants my neighbors laugh. They'll change their tune when it comes harvest time for sure. I watch their cars go up and down the road now where they watching for ripe fruits.

Depending on weather and for next year, will definitely get me some bigger containers.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote