View Single Post
Old July 29, 2006   #40
nctomatoman
TomatovilleŽ Moderator

Moved from the wrong place....

What a great day - but hot (mid 90s, very humid, not a drop of rain, or even any clouds)! My wife Sue (slicer extraordinaire!) and I am exhausted, but reenergized with a few Kingfisher beer and a few curries at a local Indian restaurant....We have loads of nice looking fruit we brought home, some of which will accompany me to a cooking school demo I am doing tomorrow, the others will end up in quart jars for consumption over the winter. Kudos to Lee for organizing the event, purchasing those things we couldn't do without (plates, variety tags, and water!). Martha brought some remarkable Lime Green Salad and Sungold sorbets! But it was mostly about the wonderful people who came (around 100 - with Tony and family from Orlando and Jerry and wife from Ohio) as the most intrepid travelers...and over 200 types of tomatoes! Lee will be posting lots of pictures....I couldn't even begin to tell you what I tasted...or where the 3 hours went. What I do remember is that Green Giant was again superb, as was Earl's Faux.

wish you all could have been there....we need to do something really special for #5 next year!