View Single Post
Old May 20, 2018   #167
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Carolyn, there is no need for you to buy tomato plants. You happen to be a global moderator at a place called "Tomatoville". There is no way that the citizens here would allow you to go a season without some heirloom tomato plants.
Just post in the 'Wanted' section your above story and many of us will be more than happy to send some plants your way. I bet that you get so many offers that you could pick and choose your varieties to grow.
It's already happened as I posted in several different threads here in the past 2 days., I ordered 2 of each variety for a total of 14 plants,I think. Freda picked them up 2 days ago, beautiful plants,and they are outside under the overhang from the roof but won't go out until early June. Four will go to David,one of my USPS delivery persons

The one called Cherokee Purple they said was an heirloom one, but fact is, assessment of gs alleles showed it wasn't 100 year sold as JD Green told Craig what JD had been told initially. And other one, a red beefsteak was called an heirloom,I went to the Bonnie website,checked it out and all it said was...does well in the NE.

In the past some tVille persons have mailed me plants,and that b/c I was having surgery and then to rehab. Craig L used to send me plants of the new Dwarf ones to see how they did up here, Nancy K used to send me plants of ones I didn't have, and Gardenmama sent me the same, ones she had but I didn't have.

And for all of them I sent back seeds for varieties they didn't have and I'm still doing that since I have trade situations set up with others.

Carolyn