Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old December 29, 2017   #1570
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Update on my weather and situation.

I did call the fuel Co again this AM and Julie said my ticket was out for delivery, but she didn't know which driver, there are two,one has the truck with just heating oil , the other truck has both kero and oil.

It's now about 5 PM here,no delivery and I don't expect it.

My indoor outdoor unit here says 72F in and 4 F out, but it sure doesn't feel like it in here.

I simply cannot get warm.

How can I get mad when I know many others here are also having probloems, well,I can get mad.

I could try to get my walker out to the kitchen,go to the top of those stepst down and see if my Monitor is running or has any red lights.

But that makes no sense, even without red lights since I can't remember if it has a temp control which shuts it off,and when cooled down comes on again.

The base board electric heat was on in my bathroom this AM, but I've been there several times to check and nothing.

Freda couldn't make it here this AM since her truck wouldn't start so Martha came.And she and her husband had problems,yesterday with furnace,got Ed the plumber and he told her up front it would be $100 extra before doing anything.

I couldn't get the computer going until about maybe 11 AM today,who knows what tomorow will bring.

Sheesh,I sound so NOT cheerful,sorry about that.

Carolyn
So sorry to hear that Carolyn, but it is hard to sound cheerful when you can't get warm. The holidays are always the worst, so hard to get anything you need whether delivered or beating back the crowds in the shops.
The first blast of winter cold is often the worst as well. I myself find it hard to get warm. When night falls so does the temperature - that's in a HEATED house with no fuel shortage and I joke to myself "it's vest o'clock" and I put my big vest on to try to keep my core warm. And if that doesn't work some nights I shake my head and say " it's Parka o'clock" !!! And yes, I have put my parka on and huddled in the parka watching a show or reading the internet. No shame. So pile on the warmest clothes you have, until you are able to get comfortable. It's all we can do sometimes.
And the worst of that is, the more vests, coats, sweaters and blankets you wrap around yourself, the harder it is to move or do any normal things, even eating. So do be extra careful when you're bundled up. Fingers crossed you will not run out of kero, and the delivery man will be there first thing tomorrow morning!! As nothing ever happens on New Years Eve.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote