View Single Post
Old April 30, 2013   #24
BarbJ
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

I ended up not doing anything with them. Back in post #9 I mentioned my brother-in-law had them green/raw in a smoothie.

Don't know if it's related to the Ghost pepper per se, but a week later he was in the hospital with a bleeding stomach lining problem. Had to have some extra blood added with a transfusion. Seems he was slowly leaking a bit of blood over time. Doctors wasn't sure if it was the peppers, but told him to lay off all the peppers and he did and is fine now. So...Don't have them raw in smoothies!

On a second note, it seems to be a very cold tolerant pepper. I took all my peppers in late fall and put them under our covered patio. As our winter was really cold for our area, most of them did not make it.

However, the Bhut Jolokia was the one out of three total who lived over quite nicely. Lost most of it's leaves, but the stems stayed green and last month it started leafing out and now is almost the same size as last fall. No flowers yet, but I re-potted it into fresh soil so we shall see.

It was the prettiest of all my peppers, lots of lush small bright green leaves and really shiny bright red peppers. I guess I'll just grow it for it's looks!
BarbJ is offline   Reply With Quote