View Single Post
Old January 24, 2018   #18
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi ..Hopefully i can ask another question without opening a new thread ...those who know me know that I grow my tomatoes in Washing Machine drums......Every 7 days I give each drum 4 litres of water either with Miracle Gro or Phostrogen mixed in depending what stage the plant is at ....Now while watering a few minutes ago I was reminded once again that the drums are serated around the outside so unless I drip the water into the soil (which I do not do ) a fair amount of the water leaks out round the outside of the drum onto the concrete floor of the greenhouse and is lost...This includes my fertiliser that is not only expensive...but how much is actually getting to where its required..to the roots of each plant

I am wondering if I have been doing this wrong and would not it be best to do it separately IE sprinkle 2 tablespoons of fertiliser on the soil and then apply water or apply water first and then sprinkle on the fertiliser which would I presume slowly mix with the water and naturally work its way down into the soil...I hope I have explained this properly...I would be extremely grateful for any comment...Many Thanks Ron

Last edited by murihikukid; January 24, 2018 at 10:05 PM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote