Thread: Rock Dust?
View Single Post
Old April 3, 2015   #51
drew51
Tomatovillian™

As far as heavy metals, i guess nobody watched the videos I posted. Also for how useful it is (Not!). Not to mention the huge environemtal damage mining it causes. Of course some think there is no money to be made here, now that is funny! After watching the vidoes I have come to the conclusion that using rock dust is as useful as using Epsom Salts. Is that organic? Is magnesium sulfate organic? What about Ammoniun sulfate? See why I'm confused? OK so Epsom salts can be mined. So the man made form is not organic? So does sulfur have to be the mined form too? What about copper? As the form used as a fungicide is copper hydroxide or copper sulfate, I'm pretty sure that is not mined. Is sulfate organic but hydroxide not? What about the man made inorganic hydrogen peroxide?
I guess the use of inorganic chemicals in organic farming is too oxymoronic for me to understand. Is copper in still? or is it out? Glad you guys get it, but I'm totally lost.
I'm all for using the least harmful method first but have no problems going to big guns when needed. I have seen videos posted of organic orchards with a 15% production, now that is crazy!

Last edited by drew51; April 3, 2015 at 01:14 AM.
drew51 is offline   Reply With Quote