Thread: Fusarium Wilt
View Single Post
Old July 16, 2017   #226
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Salt I'm not really up on what bothers what as far as nematodes F wilt and so one goes BUT......
A garden is much much more than tomatoes cucumbers and such.
Consider berries and fruit tress including nuts.
Grow some table grapes if they will grow, as I said I have no idea what will be bothered by the nematodes.
Then for you and your family grow some cherry tomatoes in 4 or 5 containers.
The act and therapy of gardening isn't about growing every darn kind of plant or tomato there is, it is growing plants and having a good time.

I want to grow an avocado tree but it isn't going to happen.
I want a coconut palm but that will never happen here either.

And dont be afraid to break the rules.
An example is the guy I work with.
He was struggling trying to put a door opening solenoid together.
I asked him why are you doing it that way?
Because the instructions said so.
I said do it this way and we did.
Why did the instructions say to do it the other way he asked?
Because they were written by idiots I told him.
I'm not saying everyone is an idiot.
What I am saying is think outside the box try new things and see what happens.
The mass production of High Speed Steel was invented by two knuckle heads that dared think outside the box and break the rules.

""
In 1899 and 1900, Frederick Winslow Taylor and Maunsel White, working with a team of assistants at the Bethlehem Steel Company at Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, US, performed a series of experiments with the heat treating of existing high-quality tool steels, such as Mushet steel, heating them to much higher temperatures than were typically considered desirable in the industry.[3][4] Their experiments were characterised by a scientific empiricism in that many different combinations were made and tested, with no regard for conventional wisdom or alchemic recipes, and with detailed records kept of each batch. The end result was a heat treatment process that transformed existing alloys into a new kind of steel that could retain its hardness at higher temperatures, allowing much higher speeds and rate of cutting when machining.
The Taylor-White process[5] was patented and created a revolution in the machining industries. Heavier machine tools with higher rigidity were needed to use the new steel to its full advantage, prompting redesigns and replacement of installed plant. The patent was hotly contested and eventually nullified.[6]""
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote