View Single Post
Old April 5, 2018   #20
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
That's what I did for last night. It ran fine when I tested it at about 11 pm. I hooked up the timer and left it. I will be able to tell from fuel consumption if it ran as programmed.

edit: oh I hooked up the timer, all right....and then didn't plug the cord into the timer, so the heater didn't run all night. Low was 32 for several hours, but clear sky. Almost all my stuff is now freeze-nipped, especially what I was going to take to market next week. Nothing is dead, but a lot of it is damaged enough to where no one will buy it, which is worse than being dead, continuing to take up time, money, space, and a lot of wasted effort.

Cole.. just saw your update. Dont fret, my stuff was looking absolutely horrible. Once the temps went back up, and we started getting sunshine, they have come out of it. Most stuff anyways. I have just a few flats that I will probably toss. Not bad out of roughly 200 or so.

On another note, I was surprised last week at my Market. I sold quite a few plants that had cold damage. I explained the damage, and the customers didnt mind at all. I was shocked.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote