View Single Post
Old May 2, 2017   #41
NewbieGrower
Tomatovillian™

Default Finally got some "pine bark fines"

Almost took an "act of God" to get one bag of EVERGREEN SOIL CONDITIONER. Lowe's app said my local store had 81 bags in stock. I go to store and they keep telling me they have ZERO. I kept saying "your app says your store has 81 bags in stock. How could the app be that wrong?" I wasn't accepting their answer that they had ZERO bags in stock. Finally got a supervisor who took me outside around to the very back of Lowe's where they have pallets of extra stuff. Yes, they had at least 80 bags sitting there.

Why weren't they stocked on shelves for customers to buy? Answer: "If they stocked the bags on the shelves inside garden center, they would be all sold out same day." HUH? Doesn't Lowe's want to SELL stuff. If the item is so popular, just order more. I guess that would mean the guys at the store would have to work harder stocking the shelves. So the routine answer you get from employees is "WE DON'T HAVE ANY" if it requires some work to get it.

I have learned that Big Box Stores want to do the least work possible to help a customer. And to say they are all out of something when they have large stock hiding out back is ridiculous. Maybe I need to send complaint to Lowe's about this.
NewbieGrower is offline   Reply With Quote