View Single Post
Old October 9, 2017   #9
gdaddybill
Tomatovillian™

Default Ten-pu-la

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
Thanks for the replies. I looked at all the ones on Evergreen and found two possibilities based on pictures and size, Korean Hot Pepper Hybrid Long Green and Ten-Pu-La (aka Sweet But Not Hot).

I can not find anything other than the same boilerplate description for Ten-Pu-La anyplace that sells the seeds, so I do not know if, like Shish ito it does have some heat but has landed on the Sweet Pepper page at Evergreen. From my taste test of the piece of pepper included with the seeds, I would put it at the same heat level as a Shish ito. And the description of how it is used matches how the restaurant uses it.
Ten Pu La had no heat for us. We had three plants and the plants are beautiful. The green peppers were okay fried, spiced up with olive or grape seed oil and seasoning salt. The red ones weren't as "green" tasting. This is hard to describe- the green peppers were just not tasty fresh whereas the red ones were a bit better fresh though not really sweet. I will grow it again and use in a stir fry, for example.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheese pizza with ten_pu_la peppers_WebWM.jpg (515.1 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Ten Pu La Asian sweet pepperHarvest3_WebWM.jpg (350.6 KB, 80 views)
gdaddybill is offline   Reply With Quote