View Single Post
Old March 8, 2018   #24
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
GoDawgs,

If you like side shoots you have to try Artwork. It doesn't make a great main head. Fairly small to medium but quick, only a few days later than Packman. But it makes tons of side shoots and they come on a lot faster than Packman's and can at times be almost as big as the main head and continue on and on. We've grown it 3 years now and really like it. While my experience with Artwork here in Wisconsin may turn out a bit different than in Georgia, we do grow at least 4 plantings a year right thru our summer which can be as goofy as anyone's.

We sell most of our broccoli at farmers markets as pre weighed out 1/2 lbs and lbs and the side shoots are great for filling out the weight. Pic of a market with broccoli on the right side.

Carol
Thank you for the heads up on Artwork. I will have to try that one next spring and fall as I see that Jung carries it and that's one of my sources.\. Just trying to maximize harvest with both large heads and lots of side shoots... plus good flavor. I don't want much, do I?
BTW, you have a beautiful market stand! Great looking stuff.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote