View Single Post
Old July 15, 2019   #12
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillhunter4 View Post
Tracydr I have never had bamboo root when used in garden. I cut and put in Bamboo same day without any problems. For the upright post I dig holes with posthole digger approximately 18” and tamp post in really good. I have a hard pan about 10” deep so driving I is not an option. They have to be really secure because when beans and peas cover trellis it is like a big wind sail. This is the easiest cleanup I have found. At end of season cut strings at top and all vines fall to ground. Take up and compost or burn. Frame can be used for a few years. For tomato sticks I drive a small pipe into the ground to make a hole and the stick bamboo in and press soil around stake with foot.
Good to know. I haven’t issue either,I’ve heard warnings about it.
I was shocked that mine held up to Hurricane Matthew. I wasn’t using them last year during Florence but that could have been a different story,much stronger winds in line with my garden.
This winter I hope to cut and put together some more bamboo structures,I just love the way they look in my garden. Trellises,cages,etc.
I also plan to make a bunch of bee houses this winter, watched a video the other day about how to make them ,super easy with small amounts of bamboo.
Now I’m going to go on eBay and find a couple of panda bear cubs to buy from China.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote