View Single Post
Old August 10, 2008   #26
penguingardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
Isn't it funny how happy we are to get the first ripe ones, see the first blossoms turn to fruit and to see the first blush and the getting to taste the tomatoes for the first time. And then at the end of the season we care a lot less (oh no, do I have to go out and pick tomatoes again). Remy and I shared my first ripe (or almost ripe, it has a little green on it) tomato on Sunday, a .3 oz Sweet Gold. How is that for a taste fest? Yesterday I had another tomato starting to blush, a Black Cherry! Yay! Have you eaten the cherry roma yet, Pomona? Tell us how it tasted!

Hilde
Hi Hilde,

The Cherry Romas have been sweet. The plant is incredibly prolific. I did bag some blossoms so I'm hoping to save some seeds, there aren't many seeds in each grape.

We now are also harvesting Snow White Cherry tomatoes, I've only tried the first couple, they are tangy. DD has been eating most of what's harvested. And the plant looks like it may not make it for the event, here's hoping.

We also just started harvesting some pineapple tomatillos, am letting the husks completely dry before eating though. I think this are also considered to be ground cherries?